Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Short Testimony - Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strenght; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I know this is a widely used verse, but it has always been special to me. In fact, I think it was the first verse (other than John 3:16) that I memorized. Having patience has always been a struggle for me; I always want to get up and go. If God doesn't answer my prayers right away, He doesn't care! Coming to this verse I realize that isn't true. God does care for me; He will renew my strength. If I "keep on keepin' on"--with God's help--through my life as a Christian I will neither faint nor be weary.

1 comment:

Pastor James said...

Very true! Yes, sometimes the verses we know the best are the ones we meditate upon the least--at least when it comes to thinking about the words.