Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Serving God is Exciting!

I had an incredible time in Mexico! God taught me so much and gave me a new perspective on so many things. I was looking foward to the trip for such a long time and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to go!

The believers in Mexico were so full of enthusiasm and joy. You could tell they were passionate about serving the Lord. It was so exciting to fellowship with the believers there. Even though we live in different countries and speak different languages, we serve the same God.

It was convicting to me to see how much they witnessed and shared their faith. They were not timid or bold, but excited to share the gospel with others.

The preaching during the week was also very good. One thing in particular that I was reminded of was to serve God no matter what – even if it is difficult, or if you don’t have much. The people in Mexico didn’t have all of the nice things that we do, and their church buildings weren’t very nice, and their hymnals were falling apart. It is easy to go on a trip like this for a week and when you are with your friends be all pumped up about serving God in an out of the way village in a church with a dirt floor, but I was thinking about the fact that if you were there as a missionary for years and years, without your friends to talk to, it would lose the glamour. I was reminded though that Christ will always give me the strength that I need to do His will, and there is true joy in serving God no matter how much or how little I have. “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can to all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:11-13

- Rachel :)

No comments: