Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm Saved!

I just started reading though Ephesians, and every time I read chapter 1 (I’d encourage you to read it), it just amazes me to be reminded of all Christ has done for me! I was chosen before the foundation of the world! I’m adopted! I’m accepted in the beloved! I am redeemed through the blood of Christ – my sins are forgiven! I have an inheritance! I have been given the Holy Spirit!

Do these things get me excited? I have to admit that they don’t always get me as excited as they should. I need to pray like Paul did at the end of chapter 1 that I would be illuminated to see spiritual truths. “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according o the working of his might power.”

My salvation is so amazing! I was dead in my sins, but now I am alive through Christ. My salvation is a gift from God. Christ died for my sins! Christ’s righteousness has been made mine! I pray that God would get me, and our entire youth group to see what we have in Christ – that we would rejoice in our salvation!

And can it be that I should gain
An int'rest in the Saviour's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine!
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th'eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.

~ Rachel

No comments: