Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pray always

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.

We should always pray to the Lord.We can tell Him anything.He should be our best friend.We can ask Him anything.He is always there for us and He wants to hear from us.We might get mad if one of our friends doesn't talk to us one day at school or something.How do you think God feels when we don't talk to Him at all for more than one day.Except maybe when we eat we say a quick pray just so you can eat dinner.

The Lord wants to hear from you. Even though He knows everything He still wants you to pray to Him.He also wants you to ask for things.When you ask for things you need to believe that we will receive it.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe the ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

1 comment:

Rachel R said...

I loved what you said about Jesus being our best friend. My friends won't always be around to listen to me, but Jesus is always there, ready to listen and help me. He is the best friend I could ever have! Matthew 11:28-30 says, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Jesus desires for me to come to Him and learn of Him, but so many times I let myself get distracted by other things. I'm so thankful that Jesus is my friend, and for the privilege I have to come to Him in prayer.