Monday, February 20, 2006

Comparing

God has been reminding me lately not to compare myself with other people, but just to use all the talents He has given me for His glory. In 1 Corinthians 10:12b it says, "but they meausuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." It's easy for me to get intimidated when I see someone else doing something so much better than I will ever be able to do it. God has given all the abilities that He wants me to have, and I need to be using them all for Him, even if humanly speaking I'm "not the best." I think it's encouraging that in the parable of the talents (Matthew 25), Jesus rewarded the man with five talents just the same as the man with two talents, because they had both been faithful. Jesus wasn't concerned about the ammount of talents, but with what being done with the talents.

1 Peter 4:10-11 says, "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the abilitiy which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever."

I just need to humbly serve God through the strength that He gives, and be a good steward of the talents and abilitities I've been given, for God's glory.

No comments: