Sunday, February 26, 2006

My God Loves Me!

God's love is so amazing to me! Jeremiah 31:3 says, "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." That is so overwhelming to me...that God really loves me! It's pretty easy for me to see God's power, but if God was all powerful and didn't love me, that would not be a good thing. I'm so thankful for the God that I have.

His love is perfect. Nothing that I do will make God love me more or less...He already loves me with perfect love. "If I hear 'well done thou good and faithful servant,' it's not because my godliness is so stunning, but because my heavenly Father loves me" (Jim Berg). Psalm 18:19b says, "He delivered me, because He delights in me." That is incredible...He delights and takes pleasure in me! I can't understand that.

I need to be constantly reminding myself about what is true about God, and thinking about it. When I remember how much God loves me, it stops my worry in its tracks. I need to pray for God to show me his love and to help me understand it, like Paul prayed in Ephesians 3:18-19, that I "may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

I love the hymn, "Blessed Assurance." The last verse says:
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Saviour am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

I pray that I would understand more and more of God's love for me. That I would continually be "looking above, filled with His goodness and lost in His love."

No comments: