Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Glorify God

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:55-58

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. Ephesians 1:12

That last few days I’ve been thinking about what is really important in life: brining glory to God. It’s easy to get so consumed with my own plans that I lose the big picture! In my Bible class, we just finished studying Ecclesiastes, and I was reminded of how our lives are vapors and so much of what we do is “chasing the wind.” The only way to find true satisfaction that will last is through Christ.

My roommate’s mom died a few years ago and she was saying that ever since then she’s realized how short life is. She said she wants to run the race everyday with all she has because she doesn’t know when her last lap will be. So many of us think we will have forever to live, but our lives really are short. I know when I die I want to hear “Well done,” and have crowns to lie at Jesus feet. My life is short and I can’t waste it living for myself. I must use it to bring glory to God – He is worthy!

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

1 comment:

CWatson said...

I wonder how often we think of the fact that all things were created for the pleasure of God.

What things please God? Now there is an area on which to meditate...