Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Serving - Even When It's Hard

Pastor Schaal’s message Sunday night on service was very good. It is so easy to want to look out for myself first, but I need to be focused on serving Christ and others. I need to be able to say "no" to myself, and "yes" to God and others. I was just reminded that when I look at situations I shouldn't be looking to see what I can get out of them for myself, but what I can do in that situation to serve....I should leave a situation better than I found it. I want my mind to become so much like Christ's that I will think and act how He would (Philippians 2:5). That will only happen by spending a lot of time with Him.

I am also very thankful for God's grace to help me carry out the commands He gives. It's easy in a sermon like Sunday night to have a wave of inspiration pass over me and to decide I am going to be a servant from here on out. Right. It's another thing on Tuesday when I'm vacuuming, or when I'm perfectly cozy in my room and my parents ask me do to something. This is where it really gets tough (for me it seems hardest to serve at home). I'm so glad God doesn't ask me to do things that He doesn't promise to give me the strength to do.

I Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No comments: